Hello! and welcome to my very first blog for my brand new website!
I wanted to make these blogs informative and practical so I have made short video’s of the first two Sun Salutations (A +B) in the Ashtanga sequence.
So what things are important to know about Sun Salutation A?
- There are 9 Vinyasa (breath led movements) in total in Sun Salutation ‘A’
- Each movement has its own corresponding inhalation or exhalation.
- We complete 5 Sun Salutation ‘A’ at the beginning of the Ashtanga sequence
- There are many other ‘types’ of Sun Salutation but ‘A’ and ‘B’ as they are known are specific to the Ashtanga Vinyasa System
- If you cannot do the ‘push up’ part of the Sun Salutation. You can easily modify by letting your knees come to the floor (I will post a video on how to modify this Sun Salutation soon!
Enjoy your practice!
James - Yoga Studio Owner